BS2017: The Bloodyear Blomp, Part 5

Progress! Greenstuff! An incompletely explained troll!

I broke out the greenstuff and went at the gondola this evening. I filled in under all the various discs where piping will come out, and then ran lines of greenstuff across the two spheres of the engine to make it look like it had been roughly welded or soldered together, probably by terrifyingly incompetent trolls under the direction of intoxicated, insane goblin engineers!

Greenstuff on the engine, pipe connections, and the start of the base. Click for larger.

I also started on the base, with a rectangle of craft plywood, a big thick washer, and extra greenstuff.

Base, troll, and such. Click for larger.

The big troll on the right is going to be part of the base, forming part of the “flying” part of the flying base. Magnets will be involved. More in due course!

Finally, I got another round of fabric bits onto the envelope. Hopefully one more round of gluing fabric bits down will finish off that part of the envelope, then it’ll be time for some detailing and paint!

Envelope, with fabric patchwork in progress. Click for larger.

Painting might start as soon as this weekend, although I have an Infinity event all day Saturday and I’m not sure how much time I’ll have after that for even more gaming stuff! The deadline for this Build Something contest is February 18th, which is closer than it appears, so I need to keep the momentum up!

Leave a Comment!